Financial and Accounting Audits in Brazil
Which companies must adopt accounting audit services?
The following companies must submit their financial statements for review of independent auditors:
- Sociedades Anônimas (SAs)
- Large corporations, with revenues exceeding BRL 300 million, or total assets exceeding BRL 240 million comprising both SAs and Ltdas.
- Financial Institutions (banks, brokers etc.)
- Insurance companies
- Pension funds
- Public or Private foundations considered public interest
- Companies subject to national regulatory agencies, such as ANEEL (Brazilian Electricity Regulatory Agency), ANATEL (Brazilian Agency of Telecommunications), ANAC (National Civil Aviation Agency), among many others
- Philanthropic entities raising more than BRL 2.4 million per year
The rules guiding the accounting audit services in Brazil are known by the acronyms « NBC Ts» (numbers 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11 and 12) and NBC Ps (numbers 1, 2 and 3). The Brazilian regulatory accounting agencies, the CFC (Brazilian Federal Accounting Council) along with its state bodies, and IBRACON (Brazilian Institute of Independent Auditors) developed these guidelines.
Audit services delivered by BPC Partners
Accounting and financial audits
Regulatory or internal audit to verify the Balance Sheet and the Profit and Loss statements.
Verify the accounting value of your target.
Assess and improve your process, organization, and efficiency.
Corporate Governance Audit
Review and improve strategic and key topics such as Corporate Governance.
Independent opinions of financial/accounting issues related to the enforcement/non-enforcement of agreements.
Verify the correct use of internal procedures, as well as analyze their efficiency.
BPC Partner caters to your specific needs, regardless of the scope or topic.